Summary:The Galaxy S4 (S IV) is so powerful it’s basically a pocket PC. Despite this fact, however, there are still times when you need to pair it with a standard computer(pc or mac), especially if you want to transfer files, videos, or music.
If transferring files to your Galaxy S4 sounds like something you’re interested in doing, you’ve come to the right place.
The Samsung Galaxy S4 has Android 4.2.2, a fantastic camera, a powerful quad-core processor, and software solutions for just about every scenario — including working as a TV/DVR remote. It’s also comfortable in-hand and has NFC, a user-replaceable battery, and a microSD storage slot. But, its screen is dimmer than competitors’, its plastic design gives it a cheaper look than rivals’, and the Galaxy S4′s power button turned on at undesired times. Not all camera modes work as promised, and a long list of software features can quickly overwhelm and confuse. Compared Galaxy S4 with Galaxy S3, which one will you choose?
OK, let’s come back to the topic. Of course, there are various ways for you to transfer video, audio or any other files to your Galaxy S4. For example: Transfer from a PC/Mac with Samsung Kies; Receive via Bluetooth; Receive via Wi-Fi; Copy to your memory card. Following I am going to talk about the 2 most common methods, which are transferring files directly from PC/Mac storage to Samsung Galaxy S4.
Method 1: Drag & Drop—USB Wired Transfer
Overview: Just plug your Galaxy S4 into your computer using a USB cable, adjust some settings and start dragging and dropping files and folders.
1. Attach your Samsung Galaxy S4 to your computer (PC or Mac) using the USB cable. If this is the first time you’ve connected your device to your computer, it will install the necessary drivers on your computer.
2. On your Samsung device, touch Applications > Settings > Wireless and network > USB utilities.
3. Remove the USB cable from you Samsung S4.
4. On your Galaxy S4 touch “Connect storage to PC.” You will see a warning: “USB utilities / Connect USB cable to use mass storage.” Insert the USB cable into your Samsung device while the message is still on the screen. Do not touch “Cancel.”
5. The screen will change to “USB mass storage” with a picture of a green Android and a message that says “USB connected.” Touch “Connect USB storage” at the bottom.
6. Your Samsung Galaxy S4 is now connected to your computer. The device’s internal storage will appear on your computer as an external drive. If you also have a microSD card installed, this will show up as a second external drive.
7. You can now drag and drop files directly from your computer or iTunes to your Galaxy S4. You can create folders on your device as necessary to organize your files. Your device will automatically index these files and make them available in your media player.
8. IMPORTANT NOTE FOR MAC USERS: Before you disconnect your device from your Mac, you must eject the disks on your Mac, just as you would eject any disk or flash drive. After the drives have been ejected, touch “Disconnect storage from PC” on your Samsung device.
9. When you’ve moved all of the files you need to, disconnect the USB cable.
Method 2: Kies Air—Wireless Transfer
Overview: Kies Air makes it simple to transfer and manage multimedia content, text messages, bookmarks and more between your mobile device and a PC or Mac when they share the same wireless access point or router.
1. To connect to Kies Air from your Samsung Galaxy S4, touch Applications > Kies Air > Start.
2. If not already connected to a Wi-Fi network, you will be asked to connect, or (if available) turn on your device’s Wi-Fi hotspot capability. Note: Your Samsung device and computer (PC or Mac) must be on the same Wi-Fi network in order to connect.
3. Kies Air will display a URL. Enter that URL in your computer’s web browser.
4. On the Samsung device, touch Allow to grant access to the device.
5. Download or manage files from the web-based interface on your computer’s browser.
6. Touch Stop on the handset to end the syncing session.
Now the movies and music can be played on your Samsung Galaxy S4 using the Gallery application.
To play all the HD videos, Blu-ray/DVD movies on Samsung Galaxy S4/S3 as well as Kindle Fire HD, Apple iPad, Galaxy Tab, Nexus 7, Galaxy Note II, etc freely, you can try the professional all-in-one program Blu-ray Video Converter Ultimate to make the conversion task. If you a Mac user, iMedia Converter Mac is the alternative choice.
How to play videos on Samsung Galaxy S4
How to play DVD movies on Samsung Galaxy S4
Transfer MKV videos to Samsung Galaxy S4 , Galaxy Note 8.0 for playback
How to Rip DVD to Galaxy Note 8.0 Supported Video Formats
720p/1080p MKV, AVI, VOB, Tivo, MPG, FLV playback on Galaxy S4